BSc (Hons) Business Management HE6 top-up
If you’ve already completed a related foundation degree or HND, the University of Bolton’s BSc (Hons) Business Management (top-up) course taught at our London Academic Centre by our learning partners Regent College London offers you honours-level skills and a choice of advanced study topics. Graduates also receive a CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management – this impressive dual-award offers access to global career opportunities.
This course is 'Subject to Approval' and has not yet completed the University’s approvals process. Whilst we are confident that the course will be approved, there is the possibility that the course may not run or may be subject to alterations. This course is due to be validated by July 2019 after which we will write to all applicants who have applied for the course to let them know the outcome and of any changes. In the event that a course is not approved the University will make reasonable efforts to offer an alternative course at the University.
Business management qualifications open doors and are considered essential whether you are looking to pursue a career in business, or achieve higher levels of responsibility in your current work. We’ll support you to enhance your existing foundation degree or HND-level knowledge and skills, ready to achieve the status of BSc (Hons) Business Management (top-up) graduate. You can study advanced aspects of business and management, enhance your professional skills, and boost your employability.
Building on your prior studies, we’ll guide you as you gain knowledge of strategic management, and develop critical inquiry and research skills that support your work and enhance its quality. This flexible honours-level programme offers a choice of modules drawn from our people management, marketing or retail specialisms, so you’ll have the opportunity to ‘zoom in’ on aspects of the subject you have personal interest and strengths in, or that support your career or further study goals. As a graduate, you’ll also receive the CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management.
Developing your employability is a key focus of this dynamic and flexible programme. Real-life case studies, guest speakers and industry visits are designed to help you to understand the business environment and the needs of employers in local, national and international contexts.
We also aim to help you develop lifelong learning skills so that you can take ownership of your professional development for the future, maximising your potential for success.
- Location: Regent College London
- Award: BSc (Hons)
- UCAS code: N575
- Duration: 1 year
- Our London Academic Centre and Regent College London provides a warm and friendly environment for your studies, with relatively small class sizes, purpose-built teaching facilities, and excellent student support and library services.
- On successful completion of this dual award course you’ll receive both an academic degree and a professionally-recognised management qualification – the CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management. You don’t need to take extra exams or coursework to achieve the award – we combine our degree module and CMI assessments streamlining your route to both qualifications.
- We’ll introduce you to your course and new study environment through a bespoke induction programme focused on helping you transition smoothly and effectively to honours-level study.
- Face-to-face sessions and one-to-one support is offered by our team of highly experienced and enthusiastic lecturers who have worked in a wide range of businesses ranging from multinational organisation to SMEs.
- The London Academic Centre and Regent College London offer excellent library and IT facilities, as well as WiFi and well-appointed teaching, learning and study areas.
- We use small group and tutorial teaching, so you have the opportunity to benefit from the excellent support offered by our teaching staff.
- We regularly invite guest speakers who hold senior positions in industry and practice, enabling you to benefit from their knowledge and advice.
- Course materials are available online, allowing you to prepare work at home and make the most of the highly interactive in-class tuition.
- Contemporary research findings are woven into our teaching. We offer a robust academic underpinning to your studies of business management.
- Our dedicated team will support you as you develop critical thinking and research skills and apply these during your final year dissertation or work-based project (if you’re in suitable employment).
- A link tutor provides academic communication between our London Academic Centre at Regent College London and the University of Bolton’s academic school, so that the experience you receive as an off campus student is equivalent to that of an on campus student.
- As an off campus student you'll also have access to the support of the university’s dedicated off campus team and resources, to help make you truly feel part of the institution.
- You’ll also have access to the university’s e-learning resources, an extensive e-library and the support of university librarians.
- Location: Regent College London
- Award: BSc (Hons)
- UCAS code: N575
- Duration: 1 year
You’ll have successfully completed a foundation degree in business management, or another relevant qualification comprising at least 120 credits at HE4 and 120 credits at HE5, such as a higher national diploma (HND) or diploma of higher education (DipHE).
We’ll also be happy to consider a professional qualification at an equivalent level.
Every application will be considered on its individual merits.
You’ll be required to attend an interview and/or provide a portfolio of work.
If English isn’t your first language you’ll also need IELTS 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band (or equivalent). We also accept a range of other English language qualifications – please visit our English Language Requirements web page for more details. Find out more
Our dual award BSc (Hons) Business Management (top-up) course is designed to consolidate and extend your understanding of business functions within the business and commercial world to honours-level, and offers opportunities to pursue knowledge of specific areas of business.
The course offers you a route into general management as well as specialist areas, such as business accounting and finance, enterprise, human resource management, business law, marketing, retail or supply chain management, by allowing you to tailor your skills and knowledge to pursue your chosen career. The dual qualification gained on successful completion of this course is designed to enhance your employability in your preferred field of management.
In addition to nurturing academic and sector specific knowledge, the course aims to support your development of key employability skills, such as critical thinking, problem solving and data analysis. Overall, the course aims to give you an essential appreciation of the skills needed to thrive and adapt in the changing world of work.
Completing your honours-level studies should prove valuable in helping you achieve your career goals.
What can I do with this qualification?
Graduates with specialist knowledge underpinned by a broader understanding of how businesses and managers operate have a competitive advantage when entering employment or self-employment. Graduates from this course will be equipped to enter a wide range of business and management roles in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Some typical employment opportunities could include retail management, human resources, marketing, customer service management, advertising, merchandising, logistics and supply chain management, accountancy and law.
Some graduates may choose to undertake further study in subjects such as marketing, finance, human resources, computing and international business management in order to develop their expertise in a particular area of business. Studying for an MBA is also another option.
Alternative career options
- Hotel and leisure management
- Public relations
- Financial management
- Information systems
- Market research analysis
- Product management
- Health policy and information
- Teaching and education
- Media (TV, film, online, newspaper, magazine)
- Auditing and quality assurance
- Project management
- Risk and insurance
Graduates of our BSc (Hons) Business Management (top-up) course will receive a Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI (Chartered Management Institute).
|Year of study||Total|
|Year of study||Total|
The fees for a student’s course of study will be set for the normal duration of that course subject only to inflationary increases – measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) recorded in March each year to take effect for subsequent start dates.
The University is currently awaiting Government guidelines as to EU fee charges for students commencing study in 2019/20.
UK undergraduate tuition fees are subject to UK government approval and are subject to the outcome of the Teaching Excellence Framework.
No hidden extras
- There may be some additional or optional costs associated with this course. These will be published after approval of the programme. ()
Please apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) for September entry.
The online application form and guidance notes are available on the UCAS website.
You can apply for up to 5 courses through UCAS (at the same or different institutions) for a fee of £24. Alternatively, if you only wish to apply for a single course at a single institution then a reduced applicant's fee of £13 is applicable.
You will need the following information to complete your UCAS application form:
Institution Code Name: BOLTN
Institution Code Number: B44
Tel: 0870 1122211
The University welcomes applications from international students from all over the world. We try to make the application process as simple and as fast as possible for our international applicants.
This course is not currently accepting online applications
Please contact Admissions by telephone on 01204 903903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Bolton
Bolton, BL3 5AB
Tel: 01204 903903
Teaching, learning and assessment
Lectures will be used to introduce the core course content, while seminars will allow you to explore subjects in greater detail. Tutorials offer space for you to ask any questions you have, ensuring you understand the topics covered in the lectures and seminars. We use case studies and practical scenarios as a means to help you learn to apply academic theory to real-life practical scenarios, allowing you to gain insights into contemporary practice in a working business environment.
You’ll also be expected to undertake considerable guided independent study; for instance, library research and background reading, preparing for seminar and tutorial activities, and working on assignments.
Guest lectures and presentations by a variety of visiting speakers from relevant employment areas will offer you the chance to further develop your knowledge and understanding.
In terms of assessment, you can expect time constrained exams, essays, reports, presentations, portfolios, and others. These contribute to your final module mark and allow you to demonstrate that you have met the learning outcomes. We also use other forms of assessment to help you learn, provide you with feedback, and inform your development. These do not, however, count towards your final module mark.
The university will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver your course as described in its published material and the programme specification for the academic year in which you begin your course. Please be aware that our courses are subject to review on an ongoing basis. The content of course modules and mode of associated assessments may be updated on an annual basis. This is to ensure that all modules are up to date and responsive to employment and sector needs. The published course material and the programme specification contain indicative ‘optional modules’ that may be subject to change due to circumstances outside of our control. For this reason we cannot guarantee to run any specific optional module.